This stew is such a special dish in Korea. We usually eat it for celebrations, birthdays or holidays, and especially, on Korean thanksgiving, called ‘Chuseok’. Enjoy this delicious new idea with your guests. We guarantee you that everyone will love it!
Weight approximately between 2.4KG - 2.6KG
1. Bring 4cups water to boil, once it’s boiling, add 6 cloves garlic, 2stems scallion and short ribs. Boil for 30minutes over high heat.
2. In the meantime, blend pear and onion using blender. Add all other sauce ingredient into the blended mixture. Mix well. Set aside.
3. Turn off the heat and take out the meat onto your cutting board. Cut the meat toward bones.
4. Place a large bowl and a sieve on top. If you have a cooking hemp cloth (you can find one at Hmart), place on top as well, it filters impurities out better. Pour the water you boiled with meat and veggies onto sieve. We will use the broth to make stew, so set aside.
5. Place the meat and ½ of sauce we made in a large pot, bring it to boil over medium high heat. Once it’s boiling, add carrot, daikon, chestnuts, jujube, left sauce and broth until everything sinks half. Cover and boil for another 30mintes.
6. When the broth reduced 80-90% and meat is cooked, it’s done! Garnish with some pepper and sesame seeds.
Meat is tender, sauce is super savory and flavorful. Get a bowl of rice and enjoy your Korean thanksgiving dinner! Happy holiday!